Garnet is an efficient and cost-effective substitute for silica sand and mineral slag in most blast cleaning operations. The high specific gravity and tough, durable grains allow reduced material usage and minimum dust levels. Many users recycle the hard almandine garnet grain up to eight times for added benefit.
- Natural grain sizes from 106 to 2000 microns
- Specific weight of 4.0 g/cm³
- Average bulk density of 2.4 g/cm³
- Highly stable, non- hygroscopic, inert and not susceptible to acid
- Does not contaminate surfaces of non-ferrous materials
- Exhibits high toughness with a very low particle breakdown on impact
- Does not contain free silica